Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Giving.........

 I don't mind giving, We give to many causes. Ones that we as a family think are worth it and have set a budget allowing the charitable contributions.

At work there is a foundation that works to get donations for the hospital. It is a worthy foundation, it has its purpose.

Maybe it's only purpose is to aggravate me.
What I get upset about is getting ambushed at work when I just want to take care of my babes!

The story is that a fellow nurse to a job to get all the nurses to donate to one particular hospital thing. When I show up for my shift, she run over and not quite yelling says" I need to talk to you!" , Before she leaves SHE must have me fill out this for her. (which turns out to be 5 minutes).
When I say I feel ambushed another nurse starts mumbling about how if you feel you can spare 4 dollars a paycheck that you just mark the sheet and that is that...

I was just pissed all night!

What business is it of hers to decide if I can spare 4 dollars, and why is it okay to make staff members feel bad about a decission that they make.

The reason behind this post is that since this day I have gotten at least 2-3 more emails about giving to the hospital.

I know that you are there! Please leave me alone and let me decide what causes my family wants to give to.

No comments: